NEXT EVENTS - FOR FULL DETAILS CLICK HERE INCLUDING GREAT BRITISH BEER FESTIVAL WINTER (19-23 FEB 2019) IN NORWICH
WANT TO JOIN CAMRA CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT
HOW LONG TO OUR BEER FESTIVAL??? - CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT
***AGM WILL TAKE PLACE AT BRADSTOW MILL BROADSTAIRS CT10 1NQ***
***ON 19TH JANUARY 2019 STARTING MIDDAY***
NATIONAL NEWS - CLUB OF THE YEAR FINAL FOUR ANNOUNCED - Added 11/12/18 0830
LOCAL NEWS - NOVEMBER BRANCH MEETING MINUTES ADDED TO WEBSITE - Added 10/12/18 1508
LOCAL NEWS - 4TH QUARTER ALE OF THANET MAGAZINE NOW ON-LINE - Added 06/12/18 0716
The latest edition of our very own Ale of Thanet magazine is now available to look at on-line CLICK HERE
The volunteer distributors will be getting these out to your favourite watering holes as soon as they arrive from the printers so you can read yours over a pint or two.
NATIONAL NEWS - CHAMPION BOTTLED BEER OF BRITAIN ANNOUNCED - Added 29/11/18 1634
At BBC's Good Food Show in Birmingham NEC the winners of Gold, Silver and Bronze in the Champion Bottled Beer of Britain competition were named as:-
- GOLD - Fullers - 1845
- SILVER - Durham Brewery - Temptation
- BRONZE - St Austell's - Big Job
Well done to all the finalists - as you all know there is a very long process to get there starting with being nominated by you, everybody who gets this far has a quality beer.
See http://www.camra.org.uk/news for full details
LOCAL NEWS - BRANCH MEETING - RED LION RAMSGATE 13/11/18 - Added 14/11/18 1115
Last night the branch met upstairs at the Red Lion in Ramsgate. Below are the highlights:-
- Membership rose by 4 to 567 (nationally rose by 94 to 191,949) compared to last meeting
- Instagram followers 169 Twitter followers 546 Facebook Thanet CAMRA 500 likes Facebook Thanet Easter Beer & Cider Festival 318 likes
- Website 120,532 hits on home page
- Socials - next events Sun 16/12 NauticAles 1pm start "Christmas Social" for others see https://tockify.com/thanetcamra/pinboard
- Pub News
- The Pub Broadstairs https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/227/pub-the-broadstairs - opened Sat 03/11/18
- East Kent Arms https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/117/east-kent-arms-ramsgate - being refurbished - no real ale but we always remain hopeful
- Old Cottage Pub Margate - no opening date confirmed
- Freeholds for sale to the best of our knowledge as going concerns i.e. pubs still to be pubs - London Tavern Margate https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/030/london-tavern-margate - Swan Westgate-on-Sea https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/095/swan-westgate-on-sea - Honeysuckle Inn Ramsgate https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/039/honeysuckle-inn-ramsgate
- Tenancies - Rose in June Margate https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/081/rose-in-june-margate - Neptunes Hall Broadstairs https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/059/neptunes-hall-broadstairs
- Verified on https://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/
- Brewery News
- By the Mile - being deregistered
- Four Candles - business as usual
- Isla Vale - Nat going solo
- Margate - no opening date confirmed
- Nauticales - business as usual
- Ramsgate - business as usual
- Wantsum - seasonal releases Five Gold Grains and Figgy Pudding make a return
NEXT MEETING - AGM Bradstow Mill Broadstairs on Saturday 19/119 midday
NATIONAL NEWS - THE FINAL FOUR ARE ANNOUNCED - Added 08/11/18 0815
LOCAL NEWS - MEET THE BREWER - OLD BAY ALEHOUSE - Added 08/11/18 0815
The Brewery of Angels and Demons from Capel-le-Ferne near Folkestone were at Old Bay Alehouse last night (7/11) to tell us all about their brewery and with four beers available in this tap takeover it was possible to sample their wares.
LOCAL NEWS - THE PUB BROADSTAIRS - LATEST MICROPUB OPENED SATURDAY 3RD NOVEMBER - Added 08/11/18 0801
A warm welcome to the Isle of Thanet to the latest micropub called The Pub (https://whatpub.com/pubs/THA/227/pub-the-broadstairs) which opened on Saturday 3rd Novemeber.
Two brothers and a cousin are the team behind this venture.
FOR PREVIOUS NEWS CLICK HERE
What is Real Ale - In the early 1970s CAMRA coined the term 'real ale' to make it easy for people to differentiate between the bland processed beers being pushed by the big brewers and the traditional beers whose very existence was under threat. Real ale, also referred to as cask-conditioned ale, continues to develop its wonderful tastes and aromas in the cask through a process called secondary fermentation.
Except where otherwise indicated, all content © 2016 Thanet Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and up to date, no responsibility for errors and omissions can be accepted. The views expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the campaign for Real Ale Ltd