NATIONAL NEWS - added 28/08/18 - CHAMPION BEER OF BRITAIN PROCESS BEGINS AGAIN
Strange as it seems the process for selecting the Champion Beer of Britain (CBOB) started a couple of month ago when the eligible beers were identified and now it is down to all members to vote for their favourite beers. All current CAMRA members are eligible to be involved.
The overall winners for all 11 categories (GOLDEN ALES, SPECIALITY BEERS, MILDS, BITTERS, BEST BITTERS, STRONG BITTERS, BARLEY WINES/STRONG OLD ALES, OLD ALES/STRONG MILDS, PORTERS, STOUTS & REAL ALE IN A BOTTLE) will be announced during the prestigeous CAMRA events, the Great British Beer Festival Winter, Great British Beer Festival and the BBC Good Food Show Winter.
At this stage all CAMRA members are called upon to select their favourite local tipples, the process is very simple, so if you want a say click here to go to the website where you can review the selections available to vote on based on your CAMRA branch.
If you want a say you gotta vote...!!
SCREEN SHOT OF HOW TO ENTER YOUR VOTE
LOCAL NEWS - SOCIAL "ANY EXCUSE FOR A BEER" HELD 19/08/18 NAUTICALES - Added 28/08/18 1557
Thanks go once again to Micky and Jim for hosting our gathering and generously discounting each pint by 50p.
NauticAles own Maiden Voyage went down very well. Look forward to joining you agin very soon - Sunday 16th December to be exact from 1pm to kick start the Christmas countdown. All welcome to join.
NATIONAL NEWS - CHAMPION BEER OF BRITAIN IS ANNOUNCED - Added 08/08/18 1312
The Champion Beer of Britain competition results were announced during the Tuesday session of the Great British Beer Festival held at Olympia, London.
The overall winner was Siren Brewery - Broken Dream Breakfast Stout, a stout with a deep and complex blend of chocolate, coffee and a touch of smoke.
For full details of the other champions click here
LOCAL NEWS - BRIEF SUMMARY OF BRANCH MEETING HELD 26/07/18 MONTEFIORE ARMS - Added 01/08/18 0824
A well attended meeting , here are the bullet points:-
- Finance - a smaller surplus than previous years for the beer festival BUT a surplus which will be returned to CAMRA HO as per protocols
- Membership - Local membership at 572 (slightly down on previous meeting) - National at 192501 (slightly up)
- Social Media - Instagram at 141 followers - Twitter at 484 followers - Facebook at 481 followers - Website front page at 109,949 hits
- Social Secretary - many events planned and already happened - see https://tockify.com/thanetcamra/pinboard for full list
- Pub Update - Bell Inn, Minster Reopened - London Tavern, Margate Freehold up for sale, Neptunes Hall Broadstairs seeking new tenants - Swan, Westgate-on-Sea Freehold up for sale - others discussed but not substantiated (LT/NH/S all showing on businessesforsale.com as of 01/08)
- Brewery Update - Ramsgate Brewery No.5 wins award, launches No.11 - Margate Brewery no date yet - Isla Vale business as usual - Northdown Brewery now brewing and supplying He Bru & Pale Ale Mary - Wantsum business as usual with added beer festival, events planned - By The Mile concentrating on day job at moment - Four Candles business as usual - NauticAles business as usual
- Pub of the Year/Cider Pub of the Year/Good Beer Guide - All nominations received discussed and final lists determined - larger number of volunteer judges - judging to take place with submissions by late Jan/early Feb latest
LOCAL NEWS - SOCIAL EVENT TO HERNE & HERNE BAY REARRANGED - Added 01/08/18 0821
Now happening on Saturday 27th October see https://tockify.com/thanetcamra/pinboard for full details including who is leading the tour.